Mysterious deaths were constantly occurring at a hospital in Cape Town, South Africa.
The nurses found the patients who were hospitalized in intensive care room 311 every Friday for weeks in a row. These glazed deaths could not be explained for a long time. Everyone was mobilized to resolve the issue. Experts checked the air of the room bacteriologically. South Africa’s leading scientists interviewed the families of the deceased for three weeks.
In fact, the police got involved and every possibility that came to mind was evaluated one by one, but their research was also inconclusive. As a last resort, the intensive care room number 311, where the patients remained, was under constant surveillance and eventually the cause of the deaths in the room emerged.
The result was very tragicomic. It was observed that the cleaning woman who cleaned the rooms at 6 am on Friday morning unplugged the respiratory device to which the patient was connected, plugged her own vacuum cleaner and, after finishing her work, plugged her respirator back into place.